Purpose of Site
The main purpose of this site is to:
- provide you with information about projects and other initiatives which fit to the theme of ‚Living with Sensitivity‘ – and to let you know about my involvement in them
- stimulate an interest in perhaps working together on these, or similar initiatives in which you are involved
- provide links to other places of interest (including you?)
Although the various initatives come under the umbrella name ‚Living with Sensitivity‘, many do not fit neatly under one sub-category e.g. ‚economics‘. Therefore, I have sometimes provided links to related areas elsewhere on this site.
Project Management: my involvement
After 14 years in project planning / management (mostly in senior positions), I moved from oil, coal, gas and other industries into charitable organisations. Still involved in project and group developement, I found the work more fulfilling. Over the past 25+ years I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy working on the types of projects and other initiatives referred to on this site.
My work has comprised a wide variety of roles and activities, including project planning, budgeting, conflict resolution, feasibility studies, fund-raising, facilitating group development, negotiations, training, co-ordination … etc.
In addition to continuing this type of work, I have become increasingly involved in new areas over the past 20 years. These include:
Shiatsu (for which I am a licensed practitioner) – link opens separate Website (Shiatsu Mühlviertel)
Making Music and Performing – link opens separate Website (James Clifford)
Please note: my CV (see right-hand column) gives a summary of my whole work experience and qualifications.
by the way, my other interests include:
- Chinese Medicine
- Qi Gong
- Music-making and singing
- Wandering up (and down) mountains
- Jumping in (and out of) cold rivers